[FFmpeg-user] FFProbe unable to find a media tag

Senthil senthilprabhut at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 03:24:40 EET 2017

This can be reproduced with any iTunes movie which has audio descriptions. The movie I tested against had 3 english streams - a stereo audio stream, a 5.1 audio stream and an audio description.
ffmpeg version: ffmpeg-3.2.2-win64-staticMediaInfo version: 0.7.93
I used the following command on the iTunes movie and was UNABLE to find the media tag on the audio stream (output attached).ffprobe.exe -v error -show_streams -select_streams a -print_format json "Z:\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Movies\A Bug's Life\A Bug's Life (1080p HD).m4v"

I then ran mediainfo on the same iTunes movie and I'm able to see the tag with value "tagc : public.accessibility.describes-video"   (output attached).
I'd like to know how to fetch this tag information via ffprobe ?
Note: You can read this Apple page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204657 to know about the media characteristics tag "public.accessibility.describes-video” and how to add it to the audio stream.
ThanksSenthil.