[FFmpeg-user] Convert iPhone MOV to Android MP4

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri Mar 10 21:05:27 EET 2017

Le nonidi 19 ventôse, an CCXXV, Richard Duran a écrit :
> I will try both this and the previous suggestion. Yours should allow me to
> use the Opus codec.

Indeed, Matroska can support Opus, which is far better than anything
else available at this time. Be warned, though, that not all versions of
Android do support it, unfortunately.

It may be supported at application level though. I strongly suspect that
any FFmpeg-based application, starting with VLC, will. I do not know if
applications can provide codec plugins for other applications.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George