[FFmpeg-user] Convert iPhone MOV to Android MP4

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Mar 9 18:53:14 EET 2017

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 09:43:36 -0700, Richard Duran wrote:
> Good point on that. I suppose my choice for MP4 output was somewhat
> arbitrary. I was just looking at it as the default format used on Android.
> I'll look into other formats that are compatible with PCM audio
> and natively supported (read: don't require VLC to be installed).

A quick check found this:
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/media-formats.html#audio-formats
which seems to indicate that, on Android, the only format which can
carry PCM audio is WAV. The only other supported lossless audio codec
seems to be FLAC, but that is only supported in actual FLAC files. So
it looks like you need to use a lossy codec.

Moritz