[FFmpeg-user] Optimization of command and why it stops conversion?

Ankit Gupta ankit.gupta at globallogic.com
Mon Mar 6 16:21:41 EET 2017

Hi All,

I am using below command for RTSP to .m3u8 conversion and saving it to
amazon s3 bucket. I am able to get camera view with a delay of approx 10-12
second. Any idea on further optimization of this command to minimize delay
and flickering.

ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://
root:kastle at 192.168.17.142/axis-media/media.amp -r 25 -crf 25 -preset
faster -maxrate 3000k -bufsize 6000k -g 50 -c:v libx264 -hls_time 2
-hls_list_size 2 -hls_wrap 8 -start_number 1 -y Z:/Z/playlist.m3u8

Also this command auto stopped after running for few hours and there is no
error in console, I can restart it but any clue on why it might have
stopped. I verified that camera is up and running and camera RTSP is
accessible.

Regards,
Ankit Kumar Gupta