[FFmpeg-user] h264_omx and non-existing PPS 0 referenced

luke skywal_l at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:06:42 EET 2017

I did a little more digging.

This, on my Desktop, works (meaning, I can start ffplay AFTER ffmpeg):

    ffmpeg -i /dev/video0 -force_key_frames 'expr:gte(t,n_forced)' -c:v libx264 -f rtp rtp://127.0.0.1:1234

This, on my RPi,  does not (meaning, I can NOT start ffplay after ffmpeg):

    ffmpeg -i /dev/video0 -force_key_frames 'expr:gte(t,n_forced)' -c:v h264_omx -f rtp rtp://192.168.0.101:1234

So there must be some problem with the hardware encoder h264_omx...

Any help is appreciated.