[FFmpeg-user] h264_omx and non-existing PPS 0 referenced

luke skywal_l at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 21:17:17 EET 2017

Trying to stream a webcam through rtp with a raspberry pi.

Cating the SDP file on my desktop, and launching ffplay:

    ffplay sdp.out

then streaming out this way:

    ffmpeg -i /dev/video0 -c:v h264_omx -f rtp rtp://192.168.0.101:1234

works perfectly. But If I launch ffmpeg first THEN ffplay, ffplay stutters some error message about missing PPS:

[h264 @ 0x7fd97c0008c0] decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x7fd97c0008c0] no frame!
[h264 @ 0x7fd97c0008c0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced

After looking for a while I understand some intermediary frame might be missing. However, using the -g option this way does not change anything:

    ffmpeg -i /dev/video0 -c:v h264_omx -g 30 -f rtp rtp://192.168.0.101:1234

It is a problem for me because I am using the raspberry as a securiy camera. My desktop can be restarted from time to time and I need ffplay to be able to catch long after streaming is started.

Any help is appreciated.