[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG sample example does not work!

Davood Falahati falahati.davood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 01:25:26 EEST 2017

Dear community,

I am doing a video processing project with opencv and I have to read and
write video/audio streams with ffmpeg. I found the ffmpeg-output-example
useful, but I had a tough time to update it (I don't know the code is not
updated while some parts of the code is deprecated!). I have uploaded my
working code in:
https://github.com/falahati1987/video/blob/master/ffmpeg-example.cpp

When I run the code, I get the following error:

[libx264 @ 0xee2400] broken ffmpeg default settings detected
[libx264 @ 0xee2400] use an encoding preset (e.g. -vpre medium)
[libx264 @ 0xee2400] preset usage: -vpre <speed> -vpre <profile>
[libx264 @ 0xee2400] speed presets are listed in x264 --help
[libx264 @ 0xee2400] profile is optional; x264 defaults to high

My sample video specifications is :

Output #0, mov, to '/home/dfalahati/Videos/melissa.MOV':
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264, yuv420p, 352x288, q=2-31, 400 kb/s, 25 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 64 kb/s

And I am using ffmpeg 2.8.11 on Ubuntu 16.04. I have not compiled ffmpeg
from source.

can anybody help me?

Best,
Davood Falahati