[FFmpeg-user] Conversion wav -> mp3 -> wav

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 23:25:56 EEST 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Steve Boyer <steveboyer85 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > If you want to see what really happened, import both files into Audacity,
> > use a filter to invert one of the files, and slide it around until they
> are
> > 1:1 (it's off slightly IIRC) and then hit "Play" or downmix to a single
> > track. If both tracks are aligned correctly, you will hear the discarded
> > portions of the original WAV file during the MP3 conversion.
>

> In the two files music starts with a slight delay from one another, and it
> seems I don't manage to slide them so to eliminate that delay...  Any
> suggestion?

Trial and error - zoom in as far as you can, hit play, realize that it's
off slightly, shift using the Time Shift Tool (looks like <----> in the
toolbar) very very slightly, repeat. It takes some time, but I've done this
comparing FFmpeg's encoding using the libfdk_aac encoder vs the aac encoder.

> Thanks,

Rodolfo

Steve