[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG & Panasonic OP-1B MXF decode issue

Phil Petitpont philippe.petitpont at newsbridge.io
Tue Jun 6 19:32:49 EEST 2017

Hi,

I have the same issue :

/We are trying to use FFMPEG to transcode video shot on a broadcast
Panasonic camera that encodes to P2 Long GOP (OP-1B) MXF files. Each file
contains a video stream, a couple of data timecode streams and four
discreet, mono audio streams. Whenever we ask FFMPEG to process this file,
it doesn’t seem to be able to identify all the streams correctly./

Actually even with FFPLAY it is the same issue, video is correctly played
out well but audio is looping randomly

Did you find a way to do it or to find a workaround ? I was thinking of a
way to "force" the input format, it seems that avconv should support op1b
demuxing, but maybe not with the FFMPEG CLI ?

here's a new sample source file :
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/nb-samples/P2-AVCULTRA12-008ZD9JB.MXF

Phil