[FFmpeg-user] libavcodec compilation (h264 disabled & hw-accels enabled)

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jun 12 17:29:47 EEST 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 07:19:55 +0000, RĂ©mi Latapy wrote:
> I'm trying to build ffmpeg with hardware decoding enabled but without
> any decoders

If you don't want *any* decoders, why do you need hardware decoding?

> , like h264 decoder.. Is it possible ?

configure has the option:
  --disable-decoder=NAME(s)

See here:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-codecs.html#Decoders

I believe --disable-decoder takes a comma-separated list.

> This is for a legal issue.

I hope your lawyer is giving you good advice. If you explicitly disable
the H.264 codecs, ffmpeg will probably still be able to decode HEVC and
many other codecs, many of which *may* also have legal issues
(depending on what you're exactly trying to achieve or comply to).

IIANL,
Moritz