[FFmpeg-user] Screen Capture - Windows 10

Pavel Koshevoy pkoshevoy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 01:42:13 EEST 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Ron Barnes <rbarnes at njdevils.net> wrote:
> I was able to install the screen capture recorder and still no joy.  How do the commercial vendors do it?

Have you tried capturing with OBS?  (https://obsproject.com/)

You'll have better luck with it.  If you want to know how they do it
you can take a look at their source code.  IIRC they actually inject a
dll into the app being captured and register a callback to intercept
something (maybe a buffer flip... I don't know exactly).  Although,
with DRM even that method may not work.

Telestream Wirecast is similar to OBS, in case you want a commercial solution.

Pavel.