[FFmpeg-user] Screen Capture - Windows 10

Tim Hiles thiles at confex.com
Thu Jun 1 21:19:00 EEST 2017

On Jun 1, 2017 7:00 AM, "Ron Barnes" <rbarnes at njdevils.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I have been trying for days to figure out how to capture the video from my
> desktop and save it as a playable file.  I've been successful to a point.
>
> I am able to capture audio and video from my desktop as far as opening and
> using apps, moving my mouse and what not, but when I open a web browser and
> go to google or CNN or Yahoo or Fox News or anywhere for that matter, the
> Browser Window header is present (Firefox or IE) and the mouse pointer but
> the Browser Window with the content is a black screen.  I believe it is
> because Microsoft no longer supports Direct Show and or my video card is
> not
> compatible with FFmpeg or the feed to the browser is somehow separate from
> the video I can see on the screen.  I'm clueless here.

I've seen this issue in the past with other screen capture software on
multiple computers was with motion video.

 The fix for me on Windows 7 64 Bit machine (haven't tested on a Win 10
computer) was to install direct x sdk from Microsoft site.  Which is here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812

After installing.  Navigate to here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Utilities\bin

Go into both x64 and x86 folders up dxcpl.exe (spelling?) And there's a
little gui. Click on the DirectDraw tab and uncheck Use hardware
acceleration.

Best of luck!

Tim