[FFmpeg-user] need help in reducing the stream start latency in a network enviroment

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jun 1 11:13:06 EEST 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 19:41:00 +0530, Ratheendran R wrote:
> Also this is an embedded system use case and encoding happens through
> hardware accelarators on soc fixed properties.I would like to know if we
> can further  reduce the size of library and bypass redundant task like
> probe and parsing metadata of mpegts streams.

Then please be so kind and show us what you have been doing so far,
otherwise it's hard to say where to improve. The full command line, and
complete, uncut console output.

> options used for configuring ffmpeg
> --enable-decoder=h264  --enable-decoder=aac --enable-bsf=h264_mp4toannexb
> ---enable-muxer=mpegts --enable-protocol=unix

This won't make your binary/library smaller, unless you actually
disabled something first.

> can any one in the forum share their experience on fixing the high latency
> on mpegts streaming.

People have already shared a bit:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/StreamingGuide#Latency

Moritz