[FFmpeg-user] PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jul 22 20:43:54 EEST 2017

Am 22.07.2017 um 19:36 schrieb Moritz Barsnick:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 21:50:10 +0430, Walid Salman wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Thank you Moritz for your replay >>>
>>
>> Yes, I need it because when I when move the extantion"ffmpeg.so" from the
>> php.ini the ffmpeg not work with some websites.
>
> Ah, so your issue isn't "startup error" or logs, your issue is that
> your web server's ffmpeg support no longer works?
>
> Well, assuming that is ffmpeg-php: There's probably no support for it
> anymore (and I would refuse to help you get it going, last I checked it
> used ffmpeg-0.5.0). I'm sorry, you're just lost here, unless you deploy
> a replacement such as PHP-FFMpeg, as mentioned here:
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/PHP#WrapperLibraries
>
>> PHP 5.4.45 (cli) (built: Oct 17 2016 10:00:19)
>
> My guess is that any script kiddie can compromise your server, because
> php-5.4 has unresolved security issues. Please update!

maybe depends on the distribution but RHEL7 has a completly different
version and patch-level (versions don't change and i hate all the LTS
distributions for their idiotic backporting-only instead at least base
their patches on the lastest upstream point-release which got support)

CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
PHP 5.4.16 (cli) (built: Nov  6 2016 00:29:02)

that's a ghetto machine for crap which won't run on PHP 7.1 while any
server for sane software here has the newest PHP on releae day (thanks
autotests and code-coverage which did find serious bugs in PHP 7.0.2
beta these days...)