[FFmpeg-user] man ffmpeg absent

Manuel Tiglio tiglio at icloud.com
Sun Jul 16 22:54:05 EEST 2017

Hi Carlos,

If you don’t want to build ffmpeg yourself (and other packages) you can use macports (a package manager for Mac)

https://www.macports.org <https://www.macports.org/>

It is pretty easy and it takes care of all the dependencies, etc, for you.

Here are the instructions on how to install macports

You will need to update Xcode and install the command line tools if you haven’t yet.

And then things like

sudo port install ffmpeg

and just wait. It is a breeze. Similar with other open source packages.