[FFmpeg-user] progress output to unix domain socket

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jul 6 15:07:40 EEST 2017

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 11:16:36 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Well, since you are being sarcastic:
> > I meant like: mkfifo?
> ... I hope you will share the exact version of the operating system you
> use where mkfifo can be used to create Unix domain sockets.

You can just point out an error without sarcasm - I can take being
corrected. I wasn't using sarcasm to point out an error related to the
user, ffmpeg or any part of the process while picking at JavaScript,
and the original poster got the point.

Yes, I was wrong, and misled by Google, and indeed mkfifo on most
Unixes creates pipes (not fifos? ;-)), and certainly not Unix domain
sockets.

(I *did* ask how the user created his socket - so you get my own
scepticism regarding my answer.)

Since you asked: The exact version is 42.

Moritz ;-)

$ gcc -o mkfifo -Wall Unix_domain_socket.c
$ PATH=.:$PATH
$ mkfifo /tmp/foo
$ uname -r
42