[FFmpeg-user] Convert MPEG-PS progressive to Interlaced

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:10:09 EET 2017

kumar vikram wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have been struggling with converting PS progressive stream to PS
> interlaced for my test app.
>
> But all the conversion commands used by me are converting to Frame based
> interlaced stream but what I am looking for is I-P field based interlace(I
> frame having top filed and next frame having the bottom field) .

If you need a field encoded mpeg2 stream to test a decoder then you
could use some conformance stream eg.

ftp://ftp.tek.com/../tv/test/streams/Element/MPEG-Video-Conformance/main-profile/tcela/tcela-9-fp-dp/

> Can someone help me with proper command do convert with ffmpeg?

I don't think you can do it with ffmpeg - maybe the reference encoder
can do it? I've never used it, so have no idea.