[FFmpeg-user] EVS compatible AVC Intra 100

Erik Dobberkau erik.dobberkau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:00:50 EET 2017

Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2017 schrieb Victor Diez :

> Thanks for the answers.
>

> I didn't paste the output because I did not get any error. I already
> checked with EVS and just wanted to make sure I got the "standard"AVC Intra
> 100 parameters right and that I was not making any mistake before getting
> back to them.
>

> Erik, the mxf was one of my suspicions as well, that's why I rewrapped the
> file with bmxtranswrap so I could get v1.3 instead of 1.2.
>

> This is the output I'm getting, all seems ok to me.
>
> In principle if you guys can confirm me that nothing looks weird in my
> command line for an AVC Intra 100 transcode that would be great so I can
> check back with EVS more confidently :)
>
> Thanks,
> Victor

Unfortunately I can't tell you if everything is okay because I have too
little experience with transcoding to AVC-Intra. The variable framerate
(bit being set) does seem an issue to me, I remember when doing something
similar with XDCAM HD422 this was source of trouble.
The bulletproof test of transcoding results is when you can put the result
on an original medium (Pana P2 in your case) an play it back without issue
from a standard player (or camera).

Erik