[FFmpeg-user] error when I compile Microsoft ffmpeginterop

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 07:16:07 EET 2017

> Am 12.01.2017 um 23:35 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>>>
>>> All the software is the newest.FFMPEG is version 3.2.2.
>>
>> This is not the newest FFmpeg, it is ten weeks old
>
> then release more often then 10 weeks or more

The avconv supporters claim that we already release too often...

> when do you realize that ffmpeg is the only mailing list and project
> on this planet where people are supposed to use snapshots?

When did I contradict?
(I don't know if FFmpeg is the only project which strongly suggests
using snapshots if at all possible and that requires testing snapshots
before reporting issues.)

> according to https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ *it is* the newest release

Which gets some (limited) support on Linux, but not on Windows.
(Why would a Windows user install a version of FFmpeg that is
known to contain more bugs and less features but for which he will
not get any support?)