[FFmpeg-user] Bug in FFMPEG Alsa?

christina zou zou.christina at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:15:15 EET 2017

Hi,

You're right. The 3Mbps speed is as expected.

However, this still doesn't explain why my FFmpeg command requires 95% of
my device's CPU to record raw audio audio, when the equivalent Arecord
command takes 5% of my CPU.

Again, here are my two commands:

arecord -v -r48000 -c2 -fS32_LE --period-size=16384
--buffer-size=65536 -Dmic_sv -twav /dev/null

ffmpeg -f alsa -acodec pcm_s32le -i mic_sv -c copy -f null -