[FFmpeg-user] HEVC Video Transcode Transfer VUI, SEI Information

Ben Chang benc at nvidia.com
Fri Feb 17 02:04:17 EET 2017

Thanks for the prompt response Carl.

>> I suspect no hevc encoder supported by FFmpeg supports it.
Is there plan to support this? This is more relevant to decode ctx being able to pass information to encode ctx in a transcode session.

If there is no support as you mentioned, the users will have to use several commands/steps to decode, dump metadata, and pass them as encode options in subsequent encode. (eg. usecase: HDR bitstream)

>> Please remove this from emails sent to a public mailing list.
The "confidential" tag is appended automatically without my knowledge after I sent the email. I'm new the this list. How can I prevent it next time?

Thanks,
Ben