[FFmpeg-user] Float formatting in drawtext

Wolfgang Hugemann Auto at Hugemann.de
Fri Feb 3 17:31:33 EET 2017

I have just had a look at the solution via subtitles:

Pro:
* It works and the SRT format is simple enough to be written by a script.

Cons:
* SRT subtitles are written time-based and not frame-based, which takes
some calculations, starting the subtitles shortly before the frame and
ending it within the frame.

* This does not seem to work at the start of the video (frames 1, 2).

* I seem to have no influence on where the subtitle is placed. It
appears at the middle of the bottom.

The drawtext filter has an option to read text from a file, but I guess
this cannot easily be used to read lines on a per-frame basis (?).

Wolfgang Hugemann