[FFmpeg-user] Keeping A/V sync during telecine

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sat Dec 30 20:14:28 EET 2017

>The film intro is not stricly 24000/1001 frames, you can see this:> on the "drop" count in the status line> on the "29.97 fps" entry in the input section> (and on the mplayer status output)
I'd be interested to know how that happened.
Ordinarily, one would assume that a file marked as being 29.97fps should be played at 24000/1001fps. It would almost certainly have been produced with that frame rate in mind and I'd be interested to see how any player would maintain long-term audio sync without playing it at that rate.