[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG's MXF container support for DNxHR with Avid MC?

Alan Moore kahunamoore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 02:14:18 EET 2017

Carl,

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 5:56 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > What should I expect in terms of being able to record or playback
> > DNxHR in MXF containers using FFMPEG and the compatibility
> > of those clips in major NLEs?
>
> I cannot answer this question.
> If you need more information, it makes sense not to ask "what should
> I expect?" but instead "I tried to encode with the following simplified
> command line including complete, uncut console output testing
> current FFmpeg git head but the output file does not open in application
> xyz, please compare with the attached very short sample file that
> opens fine".

Thanks for you response! I'm not using the command line and am just using
the API. Unfortunately it isn't so easy to isolate the code I'm using into
a simple example but maybe I'll be able to get that put together.

I know my question was a general one but I was just pinging the list to see
if anyone had any success/failure using FFMPEG w/ DNxHR. I'm led to assume
that this combination is not used in this community. If I figure out what
is going on I'll be sure to share my experience with the list for future
reference.

Alan

> Carl Eugen

*"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power, and magic in it. Begin it now."* - *Goethe*