[FFmpeg-user] Live sound in Visual C++

Peadar Ó'Colmáin peadar.e.ocolmain at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:15:24 EET 2017

Hello all,
I am trying to write a live video and sound system in visual C++ using
ffmpeg.
I have the video compress and decompress working ok but I can't get the
sound to work.
I am using a demonstration program by Fabrice Ballard and I am trying to
get the voice data from MM_WIM_DATA to go into the relevant field.
I have tried the line below and many others but none is correct.

FabriceFrame->data[0] = (uint8_t *)pHdr->lpData

Has anyone out there ever gotten the compressor to work with windows sound?
I have it working with the older command (see below). That 's obsolete
but the real problem with it is that it only works with obsolete C++
commands and then the sound can only go in one direction.

MacPacket.data = inbuf;
MacPacket.size = avcodec_encode_audio(EncodeContext, MacPacket.data,
AllocOutputSize, (short *)rawData);

Anyway I'd much appreciate any feedback and I'll certainly share
anything that I find out.
I can post a longer code sample if that's any help but it is just the
Fabrice code word-for-word.
Thanks in advance for any help
Peadar

---