[FFmpeg-user] Muxing audio-only MXF

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.software
Fri Dec 1 15:03:08 EET 2017

Hi Erik,

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Erik Dobberkau <erik.dobberkau at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 schrieb Robert Krüger :
>
> > Hi Kieran,
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Kieran O Leary <
> kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
> > <javascript:;>>
> > wrote:

> stream?
> > > When

> is
> > > compressor4_1080_25p_apple_devices_best_compat_2s.m4v

> command
> > > line

> Which is wrong, btw. There is a spec for MXF_OP1a_AES3 to wrap the
> respective audio without a picture essence. I would guess MCA labels will
> have to be provided though, and also the audio samples would have to be
> formatted to AES, which ffmpeg afaik currently doesn't do.
>
> Best,
> Erik

tanks a lot for the additional info! In my case, it's fine for my limited
scope of application where I need to generate audio-only MXF files that
just need to be decodable by ffmpeg for internal testing purposes, so I'm
still OK with what it does now but I will keep that in mind for later when
we might want to do more with it.

Best,
Robert