[FFmpeg-user] pseudocolor and general filter syntax

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 16:07:37 EEST 2017

On 26 Aug 2017 1:51 pm, "Paul B Mahol" <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/26/17, Kieran O Leary <kieran.o.leary at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying and failing to get the pseudocolour filter to work. I think my
> issue is more to do with not knowing how to formulate the filter syntax in
> general. I basically just copy pasted the example from the filter
> documentation and I am guessing that I should be populating the
> amax/ymax/val values with actual numbers?
>
>  If so, I'm not sure what to populate val and amax with. Things like ymin
> and ymax seem like they should be 235 and 255 for 8-bit, but I'm clueless
> about the others.

amax/ymax.. are valid as described in documentation, that way you do get
working filter example for both 8bit and 10bit video.

You do not change example in any way, why you removed ' chars?

' is important because it says to escape ","

Damn, sorry. I think I initially copy pasted the example as is from the
documentation and I got the same error. Then I switched the single quotes
to double quotes to see if that would make a difference. I can't test again
until tomorrow, but thanks for clarifying.