[FFmpeg-user] Filter for smoothening gradual luminance changes?

Markku Tavasti tavasti at tavasti.fi
Tue Apr 18 14:02:05 EEST 2017

On 18.04.2017 12:31, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:45:24 +0300, Markku Tavasti wrote:
>> One option is to write all frames as pictures to disk, and then run
>> timelapse-deflicker.pl for them, and make video from those pictures.
>> However, that will take much time and disk space.
>
> Only after looking at that script[*] (and the lovely videos of course) do
> I understand your intent: The brightness shall follow a rolling average
> of sorts, i.e. be more or less monotonic (wrong term, I know).

Yes, idea is that every frame would have brightness of average +-5
pictures surrounding it. timelapse-deflicker.pl reads luminance first,
and then it creates modified pictures based on those values. Seems to
work ok.

Maybe I try to create script which would get frames as pictures. And in
addition, to darkest parts of the video, there is huge noise in picture,
averaging maybe 4 frames migth give better results.

--Tavasti