[FFmpeg-user] Create an AAC stream matching the Core Media Audio packet format / priming etc?

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Sat Apr 15 08:55:22 EEST 2017

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> I find it hard having to accept an encode will always play out of
>> sync on certain players.
>
> Could you elaborate a little?
> So far, for every ticket, it either turned out that out-of-sync was
> not reproducible with MPlayer / vlc (and FFmpeg) or it was off-
> by-one-frame which I consider hard to reproduce...

Last time I checked (a year ago or so), ffmpeg created a correct .mov edit
list to signal the audio priming.

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFAppenG/QTFFAppenG.html

Here is patch which writes Sample Group Description Atom and the
Sample-To-Group Atom as well, in addition to the already existing edit
list.

You can check if it makes a difference or not.

Regards,
Marton