[FFmpeg-user] Shrinking video files

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Apr 4 15:56:39 EEST 2017

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 19:57:09 +0200, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> Well, I should have expect it not to be that easy. :'-(
> When uploading to Google Drive no video is displayed. Only the audio
> is played. Could it be that the problem is that I used x265?

You have an upload tool that displays video? :-O Just kididng, and a
hint that you should choose your wording carefully when describing
technical details.

I assume you uploaded to Google Drive, created a link (or browsed
privately), and tried to look at it in a webbrowser? I would assume
Google Drive's web interface uses either HTML5 or Adobe Flash plugin to
(try to) display videos, but neither of them normally supports H.265.

Moritz

[*] HTML5 *could* support it:
    http://stackoverflow.com/q/36382568/3974309