[FFmpeg-user] Using SDL with live stream

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Apr 1 23:45:58 EEST 2017

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 14:53:53 -0500, Gil Yoder wrote:
> video to SDL, but I can't seem to get that to work. Sometimes the SDL window
> will open for a moment, and then close before FFmpeg reports an error.

Wouldn't it be interesting for us to know what that error message is?
In other words, command line and complete, uncut console output
missing. (And, when producing that for us, please omit "-hide_banner".)

> ffmpeg -hide_banner -f dshow -sample_rate 11025 -video_size qvga -i
> video="HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA":audio="Microphone (Logitech USB Headset)"
> -f flv -b:v 96K -b:a 16K -vf fps=fps=15 rtmp://***.*****.***/live/yoder

And what did you do to produce SDL output?

> How can I modify the arguments to see the video with SDL?

Just add "-f sdl bla" to the very end of the command line.

Moritz