[FFmpeg-user] vp8 with alpha video decoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:14:38 EEST 2016

> I'm trying to decode a vp8 encoded video with alpha channel

You either have to configure with "--disable-decoder=vp8" or force the libvpx
decoder on decoding:
$ ffmpeg -vcodec libvpx -i output.webm

Unrelated, the following options have no effect, I suggest you remove them:
(They do not work the way you expect them to, there is for example no vda
for Debian)
> --enable-yasm
> --enable-vaapi
> --enable-vda
> --enable-vdpau
> --enable-decoder=h264_vdpau
> --enable-hwaccel=h264_vaapi
> --enable-hwaccel=h264_vdpau

> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e negli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali

This makes no sense when sending an email to a public mailing list, please
remove it from future mails.