[FFmpeg-user] Mpg

Sven C. Dack sven.c.dack at sky.com
Sat Sep 10 22:55:28 EEST 2016

On 10/09/16 20:16, Juan O Batista wrote:
> Thank you Sven. What MPEG MPEG transport stream format is better.
>
> Thank you

Anyone that works is good.

I personally prefer the Matroska format ("-f matroska" or .mkv) as its in wide
use these days, very flexible - it can carry a large variety of audio and video
formats - it's efficient in space, and free of patents and royalty fees as far
as I know. It's a clear winner for me. Not every player however supports the
Matroska format, but the applications and players I do care about (i.e. vlc and
mpv) handle it well.

Sven