[FFmpeg-user] Mpg

Sven C. Dack sven.c.dack at sky.com
Sat Sep 10 20:29:32 EEST 2016

On 10/09/16 18:12, Juan O Batista wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I need to know if it is possible.
> I have a .mov movie I need to convert to .mpeg using ffmpeg
>
> I need output .mpeg with closed captioning.
> My question is it is possible using FFMPEg?
>

> Thank you
Hello Juan,

it's very likely possible, but as Reindl already said it does it require a bit
more information.

If you do have ffmpeg installed then you might be able to use "ffprobe file.mov"
where "file.mov" is your .mov file and it will try to tell you more about it.

Can you tell us for what purpose you need it to be as a .mpeg file? The more we
know about the application the better we can help you.

Sven