[FFmpeg-user] Export screenshot then pipe each to external program

Adnan RIHAN axel50397 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:44:23 EEST 2016

Hello there !

First time using ffmpeg, I would like to take a screenshot of a video, every 5 seconds, and pipe them (one by one) to an external program.

For now, all I have, is the screenshots export:  ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -vf fps=1/5 sh%03d.png

Then, I have no clue how to do. Currently, my external program only reads files from the filesystem, so if possible, it would be great being able to pipe the output filename. Else, I think I can try to manage something with the standard output of ffmpeg (also, if it’s possible).

Thank you for your help.