[FFmpeg-user] How to output the MPEG-4 streaming to file?

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 06:42:38 EEST 2016

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:51:45 AM CDT Yuki Nakamura wrote:
> > > I want to output the MPEG-4 streaming to file.
> > >
> > > When try to output the MP4 stream to a file, "Invalid data
> > > found when processing input" will occur.
> >
> > Please (test current FFmpeg git head) provide your command
> > line including the complete, uncut console output.
>
> Provide command line.
>
> [centos at localhost Desktop]$ ffmpeg udp://@239.203.59.225:50100

That’s hardly the same command, as it does not even output the same error.

At least give some people the satisfaction that you’ve at least tried to
search. Cargo-cult copy-and-paste shows more effort than this.

ffmpeg -i udp://@239.203.59.225:50100 -c:v copy -c:a copy -f mpegts
stream_dump.ts

Also, MPEG4 Part-2 is a codec, not a format.

ffmpeg -codecs | grep 'MPEG-4 part 2'

-Reuben