[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFmpeg without SecIdentityCreate API

joshsloat jsloat at articulate.com
Tue Oct 18 18:53:48 EEST 2016

Hi Anand,

I’m wondering if you ever reached resolution with this issue. I just
submitted an app to the Mac App Store that is being rejected for the same
reason:

	We have confirmed that the following API is present in your binary:

	framework:
'/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security':
SecIdentityCreate

Apple does not specifically point to our use of the bundled ffmpeg
executable, but when I run nm from Terminal on ffmpeg to extract the symbol
table, "_SecIdentityCreate" does show up in the output. FFmpeg is either
using this private API or is using a method name that directly conflicts
with a private method in Apple’s security framework.

Anand - Were you able to somehow navigate this issue with Apple? Or perhaps
find a way to build FFmpeg from source in a way that passes validation?

Carl - It looks like there was some unaddressed confusion about why this is
resulting in rejection. Apple strictly forbids the use of private APIs for
apps submitted to the App Store. They run automated scans on binaries that
dump symbol tables and compare with their private APIs. If there’s a match,
they reject. The use of SecIdentityCreate in the ffmpeg executable is the
reason for rejection.

Thanks in advance,

Josh