[FFmpeg-user] m3u8 = non-monotonous DTS

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 15:52:44 EEST 2016

Hi Louis,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 19:18:34 -0400, Louis Letourneau wrote:

> It seems the first segment gets repeated, which explains this message
> 125 = 25fps * 5secs per segment

"ffmpeg -loglevel verbose" at least shows you which segments are opened.

> It's been like this at least since 3.1.2 but head of master doesn't seem to
> have this issue. I'm now wondering, if it's fixed, when does master get
> merged into the branches (when will this be stable)?

That's correct, git master doesn't have this issue. (I tried to
reproduce.) hls support has received quite a few enhancements and
possibly fixes recently, perhaps the fixes weren't backported to 3.1.x
releases.

There are plans to release ffmpeg 3.2 from git master "soon", but no
official date, AFAIK. You could request the fix to be backported to
3.1, but I think a 3.1.5 release will not come well before 3.2. ;-)

Why do you need a release, anyway? Do you rely on getting your ffmpeg
from a distribution?

(BTW, great instructions to reproduce, without any external
dependencies or input files. Thanks for that!)

Moritz