[FFmpeg-user] Create a video using images and audio with blend and zoom filters using FFmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:49:02 EEST 2016

>     ffmpeg -framerate 1/4 -start_number 1 -i 164470_%d.jpg -c:v libx264 -r
>> 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p -vf scale=16:9 out.mp4

start_number 1 is / was never necessary.

> Then, tried adding an audio to the video, and this is the command I used.
>
>     ffmpeg -framerate 1/4 -start_number 1 -i 164470_%d.jpg -i audio.wav
> -c:v libx264 -tune stillimage -c:a aac -strict experimental -b:a 192k
> -pix_fmt yuv420p -shortest outWithAudioNew.mp4

-strict experimental is not necessary anymore for our aac encoder.

>     ffmpeg version N-63893-gc69defd Copyright (c) 2000-2014

This is old and unsupported, if you don't want to compile yourself,
you can download a binaries that other users provide from external
sites linked from our download page:
http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

> Not all the images I use have the same resolution, can FFmpeg
> work with such images?

It will automatically scale them to the output resolution (that defaults to
the resolution of the first input frame).