[FFmpeg-user] Developer "cehoyos" closed my bug without any explanation, and without solving it

Sven C. Dack sven.c.dack at sky.com
Tue Oct 11 12:19:55 EEST 2016

On 11/10/16 08:31, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> I have a strong belief, that produced MP4 files should be played on
> all popular players, and any potential issues must be documented.
>
> Additionally ffmpeg should provide a BIG WARNING that a resulting file
> will not be playable on Apple decoders, and offer to fix it
> automatically.
>
> -Alexey
No. This isn't about what you belief. Before you can expect ffmpeg or all
popular players to play your files do you have to provide the correct input
files and options to ffmpeg. That's a fact and it's how ffmpeg works. Once you
get this right will ffmpeg be your best friend and will produce the files you
need, but not before then.