[FFmpeg-user] Configure does not find any dependencies anymore

Nomis101 🐝 Nomis101 at web.de
Sun Oct 9 23:37:36 EEST 2016

I don't know what was happening, but I'm not able anymore to build
ffmpeg. It was working nicely since a few weeks (I don't know what I
have done to break it). I'm on Mac OS X 10.12. I've tried with the
latest git version of ffmpeg. Normally I install any dependencies via
Macports which is not a problem. Since a few weeks configure stops at
the point:

/$ ./configure --enable-avisynth --enable-fontconfig --enable-gpl
--enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb
--enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libsmbclient --enable-libopus
--enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex
--enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx
--enable-libwavpack --disable-ffplay --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
--enable-libxvid --enable-version3 --disable-indev=qtkit
--disable-indev=x11grab_xcb --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter
--enable-avresample --enable-lzma --enable-gnutls --enable-libfribidi
--enable-vda --enable-videotoolbox --enable-yasm --enable-postproc
--enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-librtmp --enable-opencl
--enable-vaapi --enable-openal --enable-libcdio --enable-libssh
--enable-openssl --enable-pic --extra-cflags="-fno-builtin-memset
-fstack-protector-strong -fwrapv -march=native -mtune=native -fvectorize
-fslp-vectorize -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -mfpmath=sse"
--extra-cxxflags="-fno-builtin-memset -fstack-protector-strong -fwrapv
-march=native -mtune=native -fvectorize -fslp-vectorize
-fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -mfpmath=sse"
--extra-ldflags="-fstack-protector-strong"//
//ERROR: gnutls not found using pkg-config//
//
//If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
latest//
//version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to
the//
//ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.//
//Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will
help//
//solve the problem./

But gnutls IS installed via Macports:
$ which gnutls
/opt/local/bin/gnutls

If I remove  --enable-gnutls it stops at
ERROR: libass not found using pkg-config
(which is installed as well, for sure) and so on and so on.

First I removed Macports and installed the trunk version. This did not
help. Than I cheched the PATH in my .profile file, this was correct. I
restarted my computer, did not help. I reinstalled the Xcode developer
and command line tools. This did not help. I really don't know what
happened and what else I can do.