[FFmpeg-user] How to Cite FFMPEG in papers

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sun Oct 9 22:19:24 EEST 2016

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 04:10 AM, Free User wrote:
> Hello,
> Would you please advise on how we should cite ffmpeg in published
> research
> papers.

It's been years since I've done this, but if I recall correctly you
should refer to the writing style that you are following, such as
"Chicago" or whatever is used in your field of study. It should provide
guidelines for both text and reference citations.

Your reference may look something like this:

FFmpeg Developers. (2016). ffmpeg tool (Version be1d324) [Software].
Available from http://ffmpeg.org/