[FFmpeg-user] Extracting images from swf using ffmpeg (version 8 swf vs version 10)

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Oct 9 21:33:54 EEST 2016

On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 11:22:33 -0700, Ryder Wright wrote:
> but when the above is invoked on version 10 swfs, I get an error:
>   could not find codec parameters

Apparently ffmpeg can't correctly decode/demux the version 10 SWF file.
Please show us the complete, uncut console output of the above command.

> No shapes, just a single MovieClip (and a Font).

Can you share a sample?

>    - Why does one specify a format type of 'image2' (as opposed to 'swf' or
>    'avm2')?

You don't have to; if you give "something%d.jpg" with a recognized
image extension, them image2 demuxer for said image format is
automatically chosen.

That format specifies that a series of single images is to be output
(instead of e.g. just one image).

Moritz