[FFmpeg-user] Encoding Apple-Quicktime compatible videos ? - Broken videos on Apple

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 00:22:48 EEST 2016

> On 2016 Oct 8, at 2:38 PM, Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I haven’t looked at your file, but the first thing I would do is compare your encoding settings (which, as far as I can see, you still haven’t posted) to the video specifications of the playback device.  For your iPad Pro, they are:
>
> I posted everything. All default settings still cause the problem for
> a few specific videos (the vast majority of my encoded videos work
> just fine)..
>

> $ ffmpeg -i $INPUT.y4m  -b:v 1200k -s 640x360 $OUTPUT.mp4
>
> FFmpeg's encoder output:
> http://pastebin.com/NgkJVARD

I’ve never seen an ffmpeg configuration output that looks like that, but what do I know.  Also it gives you a warning that there is a "library configuration mismatch" - I don’t know what that is but would fix that before looking for other problems.

I don’t see anything obvious in the output that should make it incompatible with Apple’s specs.