[FFmpeg-user] Encoding Apple-Quicktime compatible videos ? - Broken videos on Apple

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 23:25:53 EEST 2016

> On 2016 Oct 8, at 4:29 AM, Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is an example broken video file: -- (video data was blurred on purpose.)
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BycgkMZbeQOzaXpFRVJ5T09VeTQ
>
> This broken video cannot be played on iTunes/Quicktime, beyond about 50 seconds.

I haven’t looked at your file, but the first thing I would do is compare your encoding settings (which, as far as I can see, you still haven’t posted) to the video specifications of the playback device.  For your iPad Pro, they are:

Video formats supported:

H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;

MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;

Motion JPEG (M‑JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format