[FFmpeg-user] Raspberry decode encode deinterlace

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Nov 30 17:48:49 EET 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 23:00:52 +0100, Bayram Curcur wrote:
> ./avconv -vcodec h264_mmal -i

If you're using avconv, then you're on the wrong mailing list, or using
the wrong tool. The command line tool discussed here is ffmpeg, which
can be obtained from
http://www.ffmpeg.org/

> Instead of the Source i ve first try it with this sample video. But could
> you explain me how i can here type a interlaced output and Deinterlace it.

I don't quite understand your sentence, but if it's correct that you
want to deinterlace the input before providing it as output, you need
to insert a deinterlace filter with "-vf". The possible filters have
been discussed already.

> After that how can i do it then as ts stream?

No difference, except that you change your output to .ts (or you
provide it to the network, e.g. with "-f mpegts -listen 1
http://localhost:port").

> With this command i ve got only 50 % Cpu Usage and 28 FPS which i think is
> enough

That will change as soon as you insert the filter, as it needs CPU.

BTW, I don't know whether your hardware accelleration can do
interlacing, but even if it did, I think ffmpeg wouldn't support it.

Schöne Grüße,
Moritz