[FFmpeg-user] strange problem decoding audio on ios pad

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 01:15:22 EET 2016

> I met a very strange phenomenon in decoding mp3 to pcm data
> in ios pad. I have tested the code on windows 10, it works correctly.
> However, with the same mp3 file and the same code runing on ios
> pad , the pcm data become total white noise.

You did not nearly provide enough information for a serious answer
but if you want me to guess:
You did not read the value of AVCodecContext->sample_format.
Please understand that it is not sufficient to read the value now
and hardcode it in your software, we have changed the return
value in the past (without informing any user!) and we may do
it again.