[FFmpeg-user] Problem when remuxing mpeg4 from mp4 container to ts container

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Nov 24 00:03:38 EET 2016

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 22:53:44 +0100, Fredrik Persson wrote:
> Is there any way (increased verbosity?) to make ffmpeg tell me something
> like "you know, I'll do what you asked, but be warned that it is unlikely
> this is going to work they way you wanted it"?

It seems that, as MPEG-TS is built to transport most anything, unknown
codecs are mapped to private data streams. You could request that a
message is provided when that happens, nothing of the sorts is
currently printed.

Furthermore, ffmpeg's output is "lying", because the details it prints
for the output are valid *before* the muxer, it doesn't (and perhaps
can't) reflect what the muxer does with it.

Moritz