[FFmpeg-user] x264 preset (speed) question

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Nov 21 23:40:26 EET 2016

Am 21.11.2016 um 22:36 schrieb Toerless Eckert:

>>> Yes, i can. Didn't even know there was a separate mailing list.
>>> *sigh*. What a fragementation.
>>
>> As in: Why are Bosch and Mercedes two different companies?
>
> As in: My mercedes dealer wouldn't ask me to call up bosch to get
> the bosch Auto part in my Mercedes fixed and i am pretty sure that
> bosch part problems in a mercedes would primarily be discussed on
> a mercedes mailing list

what a nonsense

* ffmpeg is a project
* x264 is a project

ffmpeg is *probably* using libx264 if you specify at buildtime and the
headers are present - that's it - would you discuss every glibc issue
also here just because your system and ffmpeg are using glibc?

but yes, you can hire somebody which you can ask for every piece running
on your computer - but that does not mean every piece of y<our computer
has the same upstream