[FFmpeg-user] Concat specific streams from 2 files

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Nov 7 00:41:09 EET 2016

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 14:23:02 -0800, Hans Carlson wrote:

> But then it fails with a seg fault so maybe my input file isn't
> correct.

That certainly shouldn't happen. If we can't reproduce this, we may
need your input files to analyze this.

> The concat demuxer seems like the best option, but either I don't
> know how to properly specify the streams (very likely) or it's just
> not possible (see below).

I don't know either.

> $ cat files.txt
> stream
> exact_stream_id 0x1E0
> stream
> exact_stream_id 0x80
> stream
> exact_stream_id 0x84
> file TEST-1.mpg
>
> stream
> exact_stream_id 0x1E0
> stream
> exact_stream_id 0x80
> stream
> exact_stream_id 0x81
> file TEST-2.mpg

Well, this is certainly part of your issue with merging: The "file"
directive comes before its details. The docs say:

  All subsequent file-related directives apply to that file.

(I believe it's an ffmpeg bug not to warn/error on "stream" without
"file". Other directives lead to errors without "file".)

Moritz